OADC has been approached by the Friends of the Park at LeDroit to provide design alternatives and recommendations for the scheduled remediation of an existing neighborhood park. The project scope includes:
– Site visit and meeting with representatives from the Friends of the Park.
– Assessment of District plans for soil remediation, including research on cost.
– Development of design alternatives based upon available budget for remediation.
OADC is determining exact project requirements and schedule, but it is anticipated that this would be a fast-paced project with a need to produce alternatives quickly. These would be presented to the District by the Friends of the Park at LeDroit in order to determine the best use of funding. Issues for the park include:
– Poor plant growth due to compacted and deficient soil conditions;
– Reassessment of pathways and paving materials;
– Maintenance and vandalism.
3 to 5 volunteers are needed immediately to form an exploratory team to begin discussions with the Friends of the Park group. Project leader preferred qualifications:
– Familiarity with the neighborhood (bonus if you live there or nearby!);
– Knowledge of landscape construction methods;
– Interest in park design.